Quick Setup of Development environment
We have now a script at https://get.openpetra.org that helps with setting up a development environment on recent versions of CentOS, Fedora, Debian and Ubuntu. This script is also used for setting up the demo server, and to run all the nightly tests.
The requirement is one of the supported Linux systems, that is not used for anything else. The recommendation is to use a dedicated virtual machine or a container just for OpenPetra.
You also need to have installed: bash, curl, sudo, tar
to start the script, simply run as root:
curl https://get.openpetra.org | bash -s devenv
After the installation has finished successfully, you can do this:
- Go and check your instance at https://localhost (it will display your specific url in the final output of the script).
- Login with user DEMO and password demo, or user SYSADMIN and password CHANGEME
- See also the API at https://localhost/api/
- You find phpMyAdmin running at https://localhost/phpmyadmin
- Start developing in /home/op_dev as user op_dev, and use the following commands:
cd openpetra nant generateGlue nant generateProjectFiles nant quickCompile -D:onlyonce=yes nant compileProject -D:name=Ict.Common
You can do a git pull, to get the latest version of branch test:
cd openpetra git pull # rebuild OpenPetra with the latest updates nant quickClean generateSolution # to recreate the database, if there have been database updates nant recreateDatabase resetDatabase