How to commit to launchpad
Jump to navigation Jump to search
If you don't have write privileges on bzr.openpetra.org you can also commit to launchpad. This can be done the following way:
- Create a public and private key on launchpad. This is explained here. It is quite important to execute pageant and to load the private key into pageant.
- In your bazaar, you need to tell your launchpad username, on the command line run
bzr launchpad-login USERNAME. I have not found a place in the GUI to do this.
- Do a checkout of OpenPetra from
http://bzr.openpetra.org:8008/openpetra/trunk(or if you are working on the website,
http://bzr.openpetra.org:8008/website/trunk). You need to get a full checkout, ie. NOT a light-weight checkout, since that would not allow you to switch later, somehow a lock would be required on the source repository. If you're using the bazaar GUI you can do this the following way: Go to the menu point Bazaar -> Start -> Checkout. Enter branch source and local directory: Copy the command that then appears below into the pasteboard. Open the bazaar command line, change to your bazaar directory and paste the saved command into it. Delete "--lightweight" and execute the command. The command then would be fe.
bzr checkout http://bzr.openpetra.org:8008/website/trunk D:\openPetra.org-Files3\bzr\website-launchpad\trunk
- In your local working tree, push to Launchpad which will create a new branch there:
- Then you switch your local working tree to
lp:~USERNAME/openpetraorg/BRANCH_NAME. This means that all your future commits will go to your branch at Launchpad.
- Now you can add files and change existing files, and commit them to your branch at Launchpad.
- If you want to get the latest version from OpenPetra, do a merge from
http://bzr.openpetra.org:8008/website/trunkif you are working on the website)
- If you want your changes to be merged into the OpenPetra bzr, tell a core developer the URL of your branch. It is recommended to have small branches for each feature that you want to go upstream. You will not be able to reuse a branch, after it has been merged into openpetra trunk, since we want to avoid criss cross merges etc.
If you get an unlock error-message execute a
bzr break-lock bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/~jomammele/openpetraorg/website-spanish/