How to commit to launchpad
If you don't have write privileges on bzr.openpetra.org you can also commit to launchpad. This can be done the following way:
- Create a public and private key on launchpad. This is explained here.
It is quite important to execute pageant and to load the private key into pageant.
- In your bazaar, you need to tell your launchpad username, on the command line run
bzr launchpad-login USERNAME. I have not found a place in the GUI to do this.
- Do a checkout of OpenPetra from
http://bzr.openpetra.org:8008/openpetra/trunk(or if you are working on the website,
- In your local working tree, push to Launchpad which will create a new branch there:
- Then you switch your local working tree to
lp:~USERNAME/openpetraorg/BRANCH_NAME. This means that all your future commits will go to your branch at Launchpad.
- Now you can add files and change existing files, and commit them to your branch at Launchpad.
- If you want to get the latest version from OpenPetra, do a merge from
http://bzr.openpetra.org:8008/website/trunkif you are working on the website)
- If you want your changes to be merged into the OpenPetra bzr, tell a core developer the URL of your branch. It is recommended to have small branches for each feature that you want to go upstream. You will not be able to reuse a branch, after it has been merged into openpetra trunk, since we want to avoid criss cross merges etc.
If you get an unlock error-message execute a
bzr break-lock bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/~jomammele/openpetraorg/website-spanish/