How to commit to launchpad
If you don't have write privileges on bzr.openpetra.org you can also commit to launchpad. This can be done the following way:
- First get an account on Launchpad, which is a service provided by the company Canonical, who develop Ubuntu and Bazaar: https://login.launchpad.net/+new_account
- Create a public and private key on launchpad. This is explained here. It is quite important to execute pageant and to load the private key into pageant.
- In your bazaar, you need to tell your launchpad username, on the command line run bzr launchpad-login USERNAME. You can do this in the GUI as well, in the menu Bazaar / All Commands / category Launchpad, Command launchpad-login, and enter your launchpad id as the parameter.
- Then go to https://code.launchpad.net/openpetraorg/+addbranch to create a new branch. It will have the url lp:~USERNAME/openpetraorg/BRANCH_NAME
- Create a directory on your local hard-disk named as your new branch
- Do a checkout now from lp:~openpetraorg
bzr checkout lp:openpetraorg .../openpetraorg/BRANCH_NAME/
- Move into your branch directory and do a push to your newly created branch
bzr push --use-existing-dir lp:~USERNAME/openpetraorg/BRANCH_NAME
- Then switch your local working tree to
lp:~USERNAME/openpetraorg/BRANCH_NAME. This means that all your future commits will go to your branch at Launchpad. If the corresponding button is not visible then execute the following command:
bzr switch lp:~USERNAME/openpetraorg/BRANCH_NAME/
- Now you can add files and change existing files, and commit them to your branch at Launchpad with
bzr commit --message "my message"
- If you want to get the latest version from OpenPetra, do a
Before doing more changes in your workspace please first commit this merge to launchpad. This makes it easier later for the core-development team.
Summarized the order would be:
1. do changes in your local workspace
2. commit them to the launchpad-branch
3. merge from trunk
4. commit trunk changes to the launchpad-branch
5. go back to 1.
- If you want your changes to be merged into the OpenPetra bzr, tell a core developer the URL of your branch. It is recommended to have small branches for each feature that you want to go upstream. You will not be able to reuse a branch, after it has been merged into openpetra trunk, since we want to avoid criss cross merges etc.
- If you get an unlock error-message execute a
bzr break-lock bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/~jomammele/openpetraorg/website-spanish/